On March 16, 2021, Avanta’s President, Jim Dobbie, participated in IMN’s “Evaluating and Understanding Build-to-Rent Product type: What do Investors need to know?” roundtable discussion to discuss one of the fastest-growing sectors in real estate – single family rental neighborhood development.
- Looking at the fundamentals: traditional SFR townhomes, horizontal apartments, attached, detached, duplex/triplex
- Purpose built communities vs. scattered lot homes
- Are amenities warranted and, if so, how do they improve returns?
- Which concepts/product types are most attractive to investors? Which allow smaller investors to play in the space?
- How do capital providers view horizontal vs. traditional townhome